An absolutely insane idea involving favorite boards and alt accounts.

Alright, think about this- first, a [something] scans all the boards up one million, plus manual entry for boards outside this range.

Next, [something] creates approximately 1000 alt accounts. >_>

Using a [something], add 60 favorite boards to each alt account. Of course, level requirements for a few of them would have to be taken into consideration, plus a few other things (removing the added MBA, possibly sorting).

After all that is done, it would take a mere 1000 page loads to gather an INCREDIBLE amount of information about the boards. You could figure out things such as:

-popular boards
-claimed secret boards
-game boards that get deleted
-total amount of topics/messages on the site

Discuss.
The Ohio State University: We are so much better than m*ch!g@n.
Better yet, we could make a script to visit those 1000 pages and give you live stats, with auto calculating topic/post totals.

EDIT: *is looking at Luster's many UserIDCheck accounts*
I will not use abbrev.

Edited by Ryan Dwyer at 10/04/2006 5:37:10 AM

I have a program that gathers the HTML from every board in a given range...It doesn't currently log in though...

I tried having my stuff logged in in both Firefox and IE, but it still returns Not Logged In errors for certain boards, I'm assuming java has some sort of built in web browser that you'd have to make log in.

Anyway, if anyone wants my current program, I can give it to you...I personally don't want to do anything having to do with stats like that, but others are more than welcome to use my program as a base.
sounds interesting
I'll take a look at it, if you still wanna send it
*is looking at Luster's many UserIDCheck accounts*

Most of them are at level 15. Some are Read-Only and 1 of them is banned (UserIDCheck640) because I bet CJayC was tired of reviewing my UserIDCheck accounts.

Edited by Luster Soldier at 18/04/2006 4:15:05 AM