GFuserDB upgrade - Ideas

I'm thinking of doing an upgrade to the GFuserDB. It would most likely look and function very much the same as it does right now. What I'd like to do is reinstate the multifetch feature - but make it so the server can only be doing one multifetch at a time. Requests would be placed into a queue (or instantly run if the queue is empty). Users would be able to see the queue and run them one at a time. There would also be a limitation that boards can not be multifetched twice in any 24 hour period (like last time).

I'd also like to make it keep track of how many users it has each day, and create an automated statistical graph showing the daily growth.

If you have any other ideas, please list them. Even if they sound crazy. PS. What do you guys think about removing the Best Fetchers feature?
I will not use abbrev.
Yay for the one at a time multifetch. And I don't see why you'd want to get rid of Best Fetchers. *shrug*

I have an idea that could add a field to the browse list, saying where it was found. If it was fetched, it would display the topic, if it was used via import.php, then "Manual Add". But considering we've got almost 300k users already, it seems a bit redundant.
Keep the best fetchers list until I get back into first place ;)
The Ohio State University: We are so much better than m*ch!g@n.
From: Lord of the Monkeys | Posted: 02/07/2006 6:05:05 PM
Keep the best fetchers list. It encourages fetching. I really like the idea of bringing back the multi-fetch feature though.
beep
It sounds like a good idea! I also would like to keep the best fetchers list.
Keep Best Fetchers; even if the current listing isn't competitive (no one can catch those who used Multifetch, etc all), it's important historically. Let that stay, but to encourage new fetching from an even-ground basis, add a new feature called Fetcher of the Month. Have stats tracked for every 30 day period and frozen when the new month starts, allowing people to compete for FotM awards. Also, disallow Multifetch for this competition.

The #1 new feature that still hasn't been implemented, however, is single-Board Userdatabases. You know how many people on Board 8 would like to see a complete listing of all users currently active on that single board, sorted by join date? A ton. And you know how many would work together to create that listing? Again, a ton. And, as I pointed out last time, if in the course of making those new additions a brand new user is found, he could easily be added into the main userdb as well.
thengamer.com
Yeah, I don't see the harm in keeping Best Fetchers. Like everyone said, it's an encouragement to fetch.

And I second single-board databases. Glad to know I'm not the only B8er obsessed with it. =)

Anything else... hmm... it would be neat to see a record of every user a single individual has fetched, but again, since we've got so many already it might not be as awesome as it could be. I'll post if I think of any more.
Thinking about it, I like the idea of having the single board database. It might be difficult to complete/do, but I know it'd be worth the effort.

I'd help do it, too. <_<
The bad thing about a single board listing is that anyone can post on the board. They might not be a regular.

Note to self: Make the usernames able to be sorted alphabetically by clicking column headers.
I will not use abbrev.
Well...true. However if people like us are the ones compiling the list, wouldn't we have more discretion in choosing who is a regular and who isn't, as opposed to just anyone?

For example: I would trust Ed to compile a good solid list of Board 8 users, and not just anyone else. If you only accept board listings from people you...trust, I guess...you wouldn't have that problem. Course, it's all your decision anyway, so, it doesn't really matter what I think! :P